Thursday, May 28, 2009

An Unexpected Visitor

The title of this post will be serving a duel purpose today. There are actually 2 unexpected visitors in my world.

First, I'll tell about the really unwanted visitor- my period. Yes, I'm just over 5 weeks postpartum and I got my period. I swear I jinxed myself because I told the doctor on Tuesday that I was feeling cramps. He told me that cramps can appear a few weeks before my period arrives. Cool. I can deal with cramps, they're not so bad. Then Wednesday the cramps invited their friend dull backache along. Wednesday night, cramps took a break and sent "the headache" in for a round. This morning, cramps, headache and dull backache were all in attendance for the big show! Ugh! At least I can start back up on my BC. Just annoying.

My other visitor is one of the spirit variety. It seems Grandpa Bryce has been hanging around my house the past few days. I smell him. Know how all grandpa's have that distinctive scent? Yeah, he did too. And every time I smell it, Sophie looks up to a particular corner of the living room and smiles. I asked her the other day "Who's up there? Is that Grandpa Bryce?" And she continued to smile. I firmly believe that children are more open to seeing the paranormal- they do not have the knowledge of what they are "supposed to see" or "not supposed to see". Before I was believing it was my Grandpa, I did search around the house to be sure it wasn't something else. I checked all my candles, air fresheners, etc. And it wasn't Sal's cologne- he so very rarely wears any. I think Grandpa was just checking in on us and peeking at the latest addition to the family. I often "talk" to my grandparents and perhaps they sent him down to see what all the fuss is about :-)

Anyone who knows me well, knows about how haunted my parent's house is. And we're all in the belief that the spirits are my deceased grandparents. The sightings didn't start until the passing of my Grandpa Jack. And with each death after they increased. Why they picked my parent's house, I can't say for sure, but my mother has always been "sensitive". So maybe they figure it's they best place to be noticed?!

No comments: