Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

There's so much to be thankful for this year! I have been given the most precious gift- my daughter! She makes everyday worth living! I can hardly wait to get home from work everyday just to see her adorable little face. I cherish the 7 o'clock hour when she's in her pj's and sitting in my lap having her bedtime bottle (even when she's trying to backflip off the bed). Every smile, every giggle, every babble is etched forever in my mind. I am so blessed.

Last weekend we went to JC Penney Portrait Studio and had our Christmas pictures taken. Sophie, of course, looks perfect in all of them! I, on the other hand, look like I'm crying. A few days before, I went to the eye doctor, thinking I scratched my eye. Wrong! I had an ulcer on my cornea! My eye was itchy, sore, blood shot, teary, light sensitive...all around yuck. By Sunday it seemed somewhat better, but not great. Well, everytime the camera flashed my eye squinted (light sensitivity!) and started tearing. So out of about 10 family pictures, one was decent enough to put on our Christmas cards. I didn't even get an 8x10 of it. Oh well. We'll take other pictures throughout the holidays and hopefully we'll have a nice one in the mix.

Anywho... Hope everyone has a lovely Thanksgiving, we're going to Kati's house today for it. I made homemade mac&cheese, greenbeans with garlic and soysauce, watergate salad (because my Grandma Evelyn used to make it all the time) and I'm bringing the crackers and cheese and rolls. I even pureed some green beans for Sophie (sans the garlic and soysauce!)

Happy Turkey Day!

1 comment:

Kerry said...

my greenbean recipe? lol