Sunday, March 6, 2011

Roasting a chicken and Rango

So, I am a pretty handy cook, but one thing I've never attempted is a roasted chicken. I tend to buy chicken of the boneless/skinless variety. But today, I'm going for it! I am sure I can do it, I mean I've done a turkey for Thanksgiving before! I haven't decided on my seasonings yet though, I guess I'll scope out some recipe websites before we head to Stop & Shop. *fingers crossed* I think I can, I think I can....
We are hoping to take Sophie to see Rango today too. She asks every time the commercial comes on! "you take me to the movies mommy? we eat popcorn and juicey?" I'm sort of on the fence though since it's supposed to be a very rainy day, which means the theater will be PACKED! Maybe if we can get to the first showing this morning it won't be too bad...
Alright, I'll be back later to update on the chicken adventure!

2 comments:

Anna said...

I've never heard of Rango. What is it? So is Sophie sitting well through movies at the theater then? We've been thinking about taking Zeke this summer- Cars 2 is coming out and it's got a Toy Story story short at the beginning, so I figured he'd definitely sit well for that. Hope you enjoyed your chicken!

Amy said...

Rango is an animated movie "starring" Johnny Depp. We actually didn't end up going to see it though, maybe next weekend. Sophie sits really well, I took her to see Tangled when it came out and she was so well-behaved! She got cranky with about 15 minutes to go, not bad if you ask me!!