Sunday, August 10, 2008

I suck at the updates...

So, I'll do a quick review... Carrie Underwood concert was eh.  It poured, so the field where they had the stage set up was muddy and full of mosquitos (gross!)  We ended up not even going to our seats, we sat out on random bleachers at the end of the field.  She sounded great though, we stayed for about half her set before the chill of the night air got to us and we couldn't take it anymore!  So we hopped on the bus back to the car and decided to park by the tennis courts (behind Toys R Us) and watch the fireworks.  The fireworks were amazing, seriously.  So we enjoyed that!

Work has been work.  The New Girl never "talked" to me, but whatever.  I don't think she and the Lead Teller know that I know what happened and what was said.  I'll just tuck that info away in the back of my mind for now.

What else... oh we went to see Saltimbanco (a Cirque du Soleil show) last night at Prudential Center.  It was eh.  We've seen Cirque in Orlando and Vegas- both of which are excellent.  But this one last night... in comparison, it was just dull.  There was an entire segment dedicated to a guy juggling.  Yes, juggling.  That doesn't "wow" me.  Then, there were these people stomping and swinging ropes with little metal balls at the end.  Clack clack click click.. to a beat.  Really??  I paid $77 a ticket for this?!  I was over it.  So at intermission we left.  It was boring me to sleep, literally.  The costumes were cool- very colorful, but just eh overall.  

And then the 30th we're going to see Kid Rock and Lynyrd Skynyrd at PNC.  That will be sure to please.  I don't foresee us leaving that early due to boredom.  We're going with a bunch of people and tailgating before.  Expecting that to be a good time.

Okay, I'm off to the foodstore and then mom's for breakfast.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Sorry to hear your 2 shows were eh. We've seen Lynyrd Skynyrd and they were actually really good. They opened for ZZ Top and I have to tell you that we slept through ZZ. Skynyrd should have headlined! I also read your stuff about the "new Girl" def. had flash back to high school. Hang in there!