Monday, August 18, 2008

I won something!


Thanks Tracy for passing this award on :-)  I was so excited to see that!

So this past weekend was pretty enjoyable (well, most of it).  Friday night we had a few people over to celebrate Nicole's 26th Birthday.  I got her such a great gift at www.mommyjewelry.com (the Silhouette Circle) with her son's name and date of birth.  She was thrilled.  I also got her sTORI TELLING by Tori Spelling.   (I got one for me too!) And it's a fantastic book.  Honestly.  If you have see her show Tori and Dean, you'll love this.  She's incredibly witty and funny and not anything like you'd expect her to be.  Great easy read!  Saturday, we had to go up to Staten Island (booo!!)  Sal's grandparent's were having a BBQ.  We THOUGHT this BBQ was for Meemaw's birthday, however, it was for their housekeeper's birthday.  What?!  We were so confused.  It was just such an odd afternoon, I couldn't wait to leave.  I hate Staten Island.  Their whole backyard was the size of my office at work.  Yuck!  I'm just used to spacious yards here in the O.C.  Sunday was a pretty lazy day for us.  We went to breakfast at Fast Break on Route 37, delicious!  Then we went down to the boardwalk and walked for about an hour and change.  It's fun to people watch there on any given summer weekend.  Oh the things you'll see!  Oh, and Sal won an ipod speaker/stand thing.  He was thrilled!  And then we just came home and hung out, I made chili and we watched tv.  We're so lazy some days, but I was tired, so it was a welcomed laziness :-)

Okay, gotta get ready for work!  Thanks again Trace ;-)

2 comments:

Tracy said...

People Watching is my fav.! We were at Lavallette yesterday and saw a site like none other. Some very flamboyant(spelling????) guy was doing all sorts of crazy stretches like thrusting his hips (5+ minutes), twirling his arms and doing Rockette kicks. He then broke out his Tai Chi moves. All eyes were definately on him!

kerry lynn said...

ive read this one before.. but i came back to comment on the party for the HOUSEKEEPER. really? like, seriously?