Friday, August 1, 2008

Utter and complete NONSENSE!

So, I get a phone call from my boss, Fatima, last night, telling me she wants to prepare me.  My reaction of course was, "Oh, no!  What'd I do now?"  To which she responds, "Oh, honey, you did nothing wrong".  So here's what happened:  When I left yesterday, the "new" girl started whispering with the Lead Teller.  Fatima doesn't put up with high school bullshit, so she calls them out- "What?  What's going on?"  They start mumbling "oh nothing, nothing".  She insisted they tell her and New Girl goes "I don't think Amy likes me" and walks outside for a cigarette.  Fatima follows her and confronts her about it; wanting to know why she feels that way, etc.  Apparently, I make her do things she doesn't know how to do, I don't help her and I give her the cold shoulder.  Fatima flat out said that she doesn't believe that because I am basically the "trainer" of the branch.  I wouldn't "make" her do something she doesn't know how to do.  Then Fatima tells her never to go to the Lead Teller with complaints, she has to go to the person she has a problem with.  New Girl mumbles some more and goes home.  THEN, Fatima goes to the Lead Teller and pulls her into the kitchen to talk.  The problem Fatima has with Lead Teller is she wasn't being a "supervisor" she was being a "shit stirrer" (her words not mine).  Instead of telling New Girl, "Listen, you need to talk to Amy about this" she was egging her on.  So Fatima asks what was said, etc and why Laurie would think I hated her.  Lead Teller tells Fatima she thinks I hate New Girl because she is poor.  (WHAT?!?!)  Fatima tells Lead Teller that is absurd, reprimands her about the other stuff and drops it.  
So now it comes to me.  After hearing all this, my jaw was on the floor.  Fatima knows its a crock of shit and just wanted to give me a heads up for today.  Apparently, New Girl wants to talk to me.  Whatever.  I have no problem with her as a person and I especially don't care that she "poor".  The only problem I have is she wants to be coddled.  She's been trained, she's going on being there for 3 months, she should be able handle basic transactions (but she chooses not to).  Every time a customer comes to her, she turns to me or Lead Teller, saying "I don't know how to do this".  She has a notebook full of notes and went to official training for 2 weeks and spent almost 2 months with me or Dawn (the Assistant Manager).  If it's something she doesn't "know how to do", she should be pulling out her notes and looking up how to do it.  That's what I did when I was new.  I didn't have someone watching over my shoulder every time I opened a new account or redeemed bonds.  That's where my issue lies with her and I have no problem laying that out there today when we "talk".  
I very easily could have a problem with other aspects of her personality, but I don't.  She's got a hard life, I get that.  So she doesn't have much money, who does?  None of that even crosses my mind.  But when she turns away a customer because she "doesn't know how to do that", I have an  issue.  
Sorry, just had to get that off my chest.  I'll get off my soap box now.

1 comment:

lifehousette said...

We don't hang out enough, Amy. Is it because I'm poor? Just tell me, okay? Because God!

...totally kidding, though I am sort of poor. I think it's ridiculous and absurd to think that you would ever be that judgmental of a person. This new girl obviously just has self esteem issues that she needs to have worked out. I'm sorry to hear you have to deal with this crap.

By the way, how were my boys?!