Monday, June 23, 2008

Manic Mondays

Why do we always feel so tired on Mondays?  Is it coming down off the weekend high?  Or the dread of working for 8 hours a day?  Whatever the reason, Mondays make me sleepy and yes, even slightly grumpy.  I was driving to work this morning, after my daily Dunkin' Donut stop, in a complete daze.  I pulled into the parking lot and couldn't remember driving there.  That's never good.  Apparently everyone was having a rough morning, Tara was feeling under the weather, Dawn was slamming around at her desk, I couldn't seem to get my head on straight.  Not a cheerful morning at the ISB.

I guess I shouldn't complain much though, I did have a nice weekend.  After work Saturday, I came home and threw on my suit and parked my ass in a lounger out on the deck with a book.  I just enjoyed the warmth of the sun and the trashy goodness of my Nora Roberts.  Then, Saturday night we went out to celebrate Lenny's 29th Birthday at Ikko in Brick.  We had a good time, even though our food wasn't totally yummy.  Ikko is a sushi/hibachi.  We didn't sit hibachi side though, we sat restaurant side.  And that's would have been all well and good, except 6 of the 8 of us don't eat sushi so we were forced to pick something off the very limited non-sushi menu.  I got teriyaki filet mignon and it was hardly filet mignon- I don't even know what I could compare it to.  I mean it was tender, but beyond that...eh.  And the waitress, good Lord was she a moron!  She was getting snippy with US for not understanding HER!  Hi, this is America.  You work here.  Learn the language!  Not to mention she almost elbowed Angie in the nose twice!  Needless to say, the tip we left wasn't worth writing home about.  (P.S. just because we're in a Japanese restaurant doesn't mean everyone knows how to use chop sticks, and when you're asked for forks, it's a good idea to get them! Sidenote: I was not one of the 3 in need of a fork, I'm quite handy with the chop sticks- rice and all!)

Sunday consisted of much running around.  Lowe's, Stop and Shop, Target, Sears, car wash, back to Lowe's.  Also got in a few hours of sun worshipping and gossip mag reading too!  I enjoy a lazy Sunday on occasion, actually most occasions!  We did purchase another freezer for the garage- we were in desperate need.  The freezer in our fridge is entirely too small, I just can't fit anything in it.  The fridge part is fine, no complaints there!  So we got a 8.8 cubic feet freezer and we'll see how that goes.  There's only the 2 of us, so for now it should work out.  I just need somewhere to store my frozen veggies and ice!

In other news, I've reunited with a dear friend from high school- Mike Hernandez aka Hondo!  I found him on Facebook (sidenote: I hate Facebook, don't understand it at all!) and emailed him, wasn't 100% sure it was him- turns out it was and we've been emailing and texting for the past week or so.  We were such good buds and just lost touch over the years, hopefully we won't do that again!  I'm planning a small BBQ on July 5th that he's going to come to, so that'll be nice.  Sal's never even met him, so he's happy to meet him too!  It's funny, my mom mentioned "Hondo" the other day, I can't even remember how he came up in convo, but perhaps that was a bit of foreshadowing?!

I just have to share this- as I'm sitting here typing my husband and our neighbor Chris are trying to change my front door handle.  Yes, it's taking two of them.  And they are reading directions.  Even I don't read directions.  I could probably do it myself, but I don't mind watching these antics.. pretty entertaining.

Alright, I'm off to get some Rita's!

  

3 comments:

lifehousette said...

On Monday, I was dragging so badly! And Mondays are my early work days, too. Yuck!

I'm going to see Grease this weekend in NYC! I'll be sure to share the fabulous details with you, because I know you went and loved it. :) Second row, center!

Tracy said...

Mondays are the worst! I can actually feel myself getting crabby by Sunday night (during the school year). Corey has a friend named Hondo that appears now and again during random summer bbq's. I'm assuming only 1 went to MTHS. Does he realize you and Corey are cousins? I just came home from the cutest maternity/baby boutique ever. It was called Bellies and Booties in Lawrenceville. You HAVE to check it out for either friends or yourelf (knock wood). All I can say is thank God I didn't discover it earlier 'cause the damage I did in 1 1/2 hours was ridiculous. Check out my blog tomorrow to hear more about it. Oh and I bought a Hooter Hider there in Chocolat!

lifehousette said...

I am commenting again to let you know that Grease was AMAZING! I had such a blast at that show, second row!! Love, love, loved it. ;x