Tuesday, June 3, 2008

to start things off...

So, I see lots of people with these blogs and figured "Hey, I have a lot to say, why not make my own?!"  So here it goes, my first entry:
Today one of my bff's is having her first baby!  Nicole (said bff) had a due date of May 31st, but that day came and went with no real progress.  She had a doctor appt yesterday and they decided to induce her today at 5pm.  So in about 30 minutes, she'll be starting the whole labor process.  We're all anxiously awaiting the arrival of this lil bugger!  Nicole and her hubby decided to not find out the sex, so that makes it all the more exciting!  Hopefully by tomorrow morning, I'll be writing a blog on the arrival of Baby C!
As for me, those who are in the loop, know we're trying our damnedest to get pregnant.  This month we're using an ovulation kit and keeping our fingers crossed!  It's crazy how people can get pregnant when they aren't trying, but those who try have a hard time.  I think my cousin Tracy said it best when she told me "it's easy to get knocked up, but it's hard to get pregnant".   Hell, if that ain't the truth!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i cannot wait to meet baby C and i cannot wait for you to get "knocked up" lol. this part of our lives is so exciting!!
Kerry
PS - i broke your blog's cherry !!!!

lifehousette said...

Bigtime congrats to Nicole! I can't imagine how excited you all must be. I'm hoping Baby Watch '08 brings fantastic news to you and Sal soon! Remember that when things are meant to happen, they will, and we'll all spoil you awfully rotten! I'm proud to say that I'm wonderful at spoiling. I think it's one of my gifts, really.

Tracy said...

Yay! I've been quoted. I feel so importnat now! It took us over 6 months to get pregnant with the new baby and unfortunately we did run into some complications along the way (weird stuff that I didn't know even existed). Anyway the month that I started thinking maybe one would be enough and maybe going back to work full time would be a good idea we ended up with the double blue lines. It also happened to be the month that I decided to say "F" the stupid ovulation kits!. Anyway best of luck to you both. I can't think of any other couple that deserve and would love a child as much as the two of you. It is so obvious with the way you are around other kids.