Tuesday, June 17, 2008

This past weekend....

Let's do a review of this past weekend...

I actually had a Saturday off!  First one in about a month!  I spent the day running errands, laying in the sun and cleaning the house.  In that order (had to be outside for the prime tanning hours!).  That night we went to dinner with some friends of ours, an older couple Sal knows from his old gym, "Uncle" Phil and Olga.  We went to hibachi at Shogun (yum!)  It was a pretty good time, lots of laughs.  Uncle Phil has no shame, I'll just say that.

Sunday was of course, Father's Day.  We did breakfast with Sal's parents then popped in on my parents.  We were home by about 1 pm and were able to relax!  We watched a movie, I cooked sausage/ peppers/ onions and we attempted the dreaded ice cream machine.  (Quick sidenote to LN: just saw a commercial for Cirque Dreams LOL  it's going to be on Broadway!)  Okay, back to the ice cream maker- we were not at all prepared for making ice cream.  We had all the ingredients, sure, but not nearly enough ice!  That tub was like a bottomless pit!  So, it churned for a while with the ice we had and finally, I simply could not take the noise anymore and made Sal turn it off and stick the semi-made ice cream in the freezer.  Later that night Sal gave it a try and said it wasn't bad.  I, at this point, had no desire to even taste it.  It was nothing but a argument between us all day (because if I let him but the $75 Cuisinart one we wouldn't have had this problem, it didn't NEED ice) Whatever!

And now it's Tuesday and I have a day off, because I have to work this Saturday (big surprise).  I have nothing I have to do today, so I'm not sure what I will do with my day.  The sun is out.. so laying on the back deck is always an option... and maybe I'll finish reading The Hollow by Nora Roberts.  

TTFN!

2 comments:

lifehousette said...

Oh my God! I was going to tell you that I'd seen the Cirque Dreams commercial. Whenever I see it, I laugh. I just did the whole tiger thing at the computer screen. I'm sane, I swear..

That icecream machine sounds like it's more trouble! That's when I'd just go and get a tub of Turkey Hill and call it a night. I have to go cheap these days, because the rising price of gas is out to murder us all.

By the way, have you (or do you have any interest) in reading Twilight? It's technically a young adult fiction novel, but it is fantastic. I got hooked on the series about six months ago, and I love it. It only embarrasses me mildly. ;)

Tracy said...

Let me just say COLD STONE CREAMERY!!!!!!!!! This totally sounds like an argument Justin and I would have too.