Monday, June 30, 2008

Mmm Pie..

So yesterday we decided to go for a drive out to Columbus Flea Market.  The drive out is always nice. empty roads, farmland, etc.  It was great weather too (at least when we first got there!)  We walked around a bit, looking for something we didn't need but wanted and found nothing.  Only thing we bought was an empanada, chicken kabob and a orange soda. LOL  At 9:30 AM!  But it's okay, I let Sal enjoy his treat.  We couldn't stay very long long, it got HOT and FAST.  No sooner did the words "wow, it's actually nice out" come out of my mouth did the temperature rise about 15 degrees.  I was wearing a sundress and could feel my thighs starting to stick (you know it happens to you too!) and that was the end of it for me.  So back to the car we went and decided we were going to head over to one of the U-Pick farms in New Egypt.  Not that we were actually going to pick anything,  but we wanted to see what they had already picked in the shop (we so weren't dressed to be out in the fields).  Well, we ended up at Emery's.  They didn't have any fruits or veggies, they had PIE.  Oh man.  I am not a dessert person, but put a apple pie in front of me and I can't resist!  So, we bought 3 pies (one for us, one for my parents and one for Sal's parents), corn relish (because Sal likes that), blackberry jam, strawberry jam, and apple cider donuts (I can't resist those either!).  So $60 later we left and headed home to disperse our treats.  It was a nice morning, felt good to get out of town and man, those donuts were so worth the trip!  They were 10 times better than Delicious Orchards apple cider donuts, these actually had bits of apple in them!  

Alright, off to work I go.. man, I hate Mondays...

1 comment:

lifehousette said...

Oh wow! I'd almost forgotten about Columbus. The fam used to go when I was a wee LN. I used to love walking around there. It seemed gigantic to me, and we'd stop at the Orchards. I wonder if I'm thinking of the same thing. The apple cider donuts were the best thing ever.